Thursday, July 23, 2026

Rain


 The rain comes on a gray day

The clouds like a single sheet

Blending the sky and earth

The drops fall cool, steady and life giving

Hitting me as I walk and jump

Around clear new crystal puddles

The coolness charging me up

And blanching my breath

As I walk under dripping trees

So dark and green and alive

The distant buildings grayed colorless

But looking so new and alive

As I walk across shiny asphalt

Like a shallow white lake

Mirroring cars and people around me

And metal shining bright like jewels

And glass like giant diamonds

Overlooking leaves pasted to sidewalks

And lying limp in dark green grass

To walk forever getting wet

Dripping my hair, spotting my glasses

So that things blur as I turn my head

To see pools appearing inky black

But so clear as to vanish when I near

And the mist hugs me

And I respond by thinking

I'm glad I'm alive.

No comments:

Post a Comment